Friday, August 12, 2011

Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge


So glad it is Friday....it has been a long week!


I actually dreamt this card!  I wanted to do something a little different for this week's sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.  I think I spent an hour last night pouring over my stamps and just couldn't come up with one...and you would think with all I own.....so I dreamt about using this set and doing a bit of a spotlight technique!  To soften the background image, I covered it in vellum (and used pearls to hide the adhesive!)

Hope you are having beautiful weather, wherever you may be!

stamps:  Elements of Style
cardstock:  Naturals White, Pretty in Pink, Early Espresso, vellum, Spring DSP (retired)
inks:  Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink
accessories:  Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, Pearls, various punches



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lauri! I love the softness the vellum creates over the background. It really lets the spotlight and your pretty bird take center stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've used the vellum too. What a great way to make that spotlight really stand out. The pearls in the corners are so pretty as well as being functional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS card Lauri! Love your take on the sketch this week. The vellum is so pretty with this set and I love how it softens everything and really highlights the spotlight! Beautiful and functional use of the pearls too. So glad you could join us at CCMC this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And what a creative take on the sketch! I love how you used the spotlight technique! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Spotlight technique is "spot on" ! Love the colors you picked for your card. Thanks for creating at Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on the sketch! I love how you've used your own creative license. Wonderful. Thanks for playing along at CCMC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the creative use of the layout. The image choices are wonderful! Thanks for playing with us at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The layers of texture on here are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first, I couldn't see how this card met the sketch...then I stood on my head! Just kidding! Love the way you flipped the sketch! Very soft and pretty! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails