Sunday, September 4, 2011

Irene blew my mojo away....

Hope you are all well!  In my part of Connecticut we lost our power for almost six days;  who would think it would be so disruptive?  Well..we are getting back to normal, bbut still thinking about those in our state and others still in the dark and thankful all is well here!

But my mojo has taken a holiday!  The Paper Players has a wonderful new Fall design team and a Birthday Challenge for today so I thought I would get back in the stamping mode!


   


Ignore my wonky margins! Hoping I just need to get back in practice!

I made a square card, using two of the laser cut doilies from the Flirtatious DSP to create a rosette.  Other dsp from the set is one background;  the other is Hello Doily stamped in Melon Mambo on Melon Mambo.  The Birthday sentiment is from Happiest Birthday Wishes, a current hostess set, stamped and embossed in melon mambo on vellum!  I placed a small circle of whisper white behind the image to help adhere it to the rosette.

So that is it! Hope you enjoy your labor day weekend!

stamps:  Happiests Birthday Wishes, Hello Doily
inks:  melon Mambo, versamark
cardstock, DSP:  Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Flirtatious
tools: Melon Mambo embossing powder, Scoring Tool


15 comments:

  1. Oh so many beautiful layers you have put together to create the perfect ensemble. The colors are beautiful, the rosette is so intricate and the embossed vellum is the perfect finishing touch. Simply pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this card Lauri! Margins, smargins!!! It is wonderful and I know AM will love all the pink too!! So happy you joined in our birthday challenge at the Paper Players.
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Lauri - six days with no power? I'm in Massachusetts and although I was lucky enough to only lose power for a few hours on the day of the hurricane, I know lots of people who weren't so lucky. Glad to see you dive back in to the card-making gig! Your card is gorgeous, so I'm sure your mojo is nearing 100 percent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lauri! I LOVE how you made the "doily" rosette! So creative! This is a beautiful card, and your mojo looks as if it is alive and well! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you finally got your power back and I don't think it's taken your mojo away. This is lovely. The rosette is awesome and I love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Lauri, 6 days with no power?! Thank goodness it's back and your are too! No mojo problems here--this card is stunning and creative! The doily rosette is genius and I love the doily background and the embossed vellum--it's all fabulous. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love all of your attention to details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Lauri I would sure say your mojo was workin' on this little beauty for sure! Look at all that pretty pink! Oooohhh, you know I'm loving that color choce. I love how you created that doily accet and the embosssed sentiment is a perfect touch. Glad you finally got your power back on and were safe from the storm. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :) (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aloha Lauri,
    I love your card! The colors are gorgeous and the layering just adds to the texture of the rest of the materials that you used. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, I love this card. It is so pretty. The lovely rosette that you made is fabulous, as is the rest of the card. Just beautiful! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think your mojo is missing (although I am pretty sure mine is) and this is STUNNING! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week! You know we love to have you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I didn't realize that CT had such trouble. It was not reported in the news here. So sorry you have been without power! This card is STUNNING! Love the center part of the laser cut doilies. It almost looks "fluffy". Just beautiful! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lauri, There is no loss of Mojo here! I love how you created the rosette, it is just fabulous. I may have to put Happiest Birthday wishes on my wish list now this is such a beautiful application of the stamp. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails