Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Getting back in the groove

Hoping everyone had a wonderful holiday!  I know we did!  I didn't realize I had not posted since the 16th...but that last week of elf-work was crazy!  and my computer is not cooperating these days.  It is four years old and probably time to be retired. 

I am so ready to move into the new year with new products.  Saleabration time and the new mini catalog have tons...yesterday was the first time I had the opportunity to open up my pre-order and I cased the SAB catalog to get out of holiday mode.



I really love this SAB paper, it has two of my favorite colors!  Pool Party and Poppy Parade.  Here are the details...
  • I chose one of the patterns from the Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper for the card background, mounting the Poppy Parade pattern on Pool Party.
  • From the Occasions Mini, I used the new Paper Doily Sizzlits Die in Pool Party.
    • Trick!  Removing the pieces from the cut piece can be a bit tricky, but if you roll the paper first it helps pop some out!  Also, I found that adding a shim helps a bit.  It is a beautiful die and worth the effort!
  • The Butterfly is cut using the Beautiful Butterflies Die in another pattern from Everyday Enchantment.  I sponged the edges in Poppy Parade as well.
  • For the center of the buttefly, I chose an image from the coordinating Fresh Vintage set, and stamped it in Poppy Parade.  The brad is from the coordinating Everyday Enchantment Brad pack.
  • Last but not least, the sentiment is stamped in Poppy Parade.  This set, Occasions Alphabet, was on Clearance and I grabbed it when it was!  I just don't have enough sentiment stamps! (can you ever???)  lol
Hope you are inspired as I was with all the new items!

~ Lauri

3 comments:

  1. Love this Laurie ... how gorgeous is that new doily die ... love how you have used it here ... great work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails