Monday, January 16, 2012

The Paper Players Color Challenge 78

Beautiful colors from LeAnne this week!  I actually made two cards;  did not intend to, but I loved the colors so much I kept going last night.



I have had the new Tea Shoppe set on my desk waiting for inspiration, and these colors did it!


Here are a few highlights from the card:

  • I stamped the teacup on Whisper White and cut it out by hand;  the tag is not just tucked in, but taped down...lol
  • I wanted to soften the DSP from Everyday Enchantment so I stamped the Netting background stamp in BLushing Bride on Vellum and adhered.  
  • Since I am never sure how to hide the adhesive for vellum, I covered two edges with ribbon, and two other edges with buttons from the Twitterpatted button set.



Love the sentiment from this set;  I embellished the inside with one of the new edge dies.


I also wanted to try a technique I saw on the Clean and SImple online class last week.  These colors seemed to work well with it too so...



It is a fun tone on tone dimension technique.  For each of the flowers, I punched several layers.  Each flower is actually four layers;  the top one is Calyso Coral, and the bottom three layers are Blushing Bride.  This is so fun!  Here is a close-up....


I love dimension;  instead of seeing the dimensionals you see whatever color of cardstock you have chosen for the layers!  LOTS of possibililties with this technique!

Holiday from work today! yay!  I am thinkinh about my service goals for this year;  I am organizing a Linus Make a Blanket event at work, and also going to pursue some work at the Ronald McDonald house in New Haven (Stampin Up is a huge supporter!)

Card One
stamps:  Tea Shoppe
cardstock:  Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizazz, Everyday Enchantment, Vellum
inks:  Calypso Coral
accessories:  Pear Pizazz ribbon, Twitterpated Blushing Bride buttons, white thread

Card two
stamps:  Happiest Birthday Wishes
cardstock:  Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizazz
accessories:  pearls, white embossing powder
ink:  versamark
tools:  Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Itty Bitty Punches

~ Lauri

4 comments:

  1. Love this, Lauri! The vellum on the netting background is fantastic and the CAS take on the second card is superb! I think you rocked the color challenge. I need to get off my duff and into my craft room... This cold weather is not helping my mojo any. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely! I am always amazed at how using the same colors but with two different styles creates such unique cards---I never get tired of seeing what you come up with! Those dimensional flowers are so fun---just a little bit of color peeking out from the side. What an ingenious idea! Thanks for playing with my color challenge this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauri! Wowza, look at you with the two-fer for the challenge. Both of your cards are beautiful! I especially like that stamped vellum you added to the first card. It adds SO much to the design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :) Have a great day! Hugs sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Lauri...and two of them even! Your use of tea shoppe and all the details on the first are so pretty. Absolutely love the second one and the tone-on-tone flower treatment...fabulous! So glad you played along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails