Sunday, January 22, 2012

pffffft

My post title?  That is the sound of my creative energy fizzling away....it was fun while it lasted!  I think some stress at work has sucked it all up;  I need to suck it back from work anxiety into creative energy!


I made this card this morning, using the Pals Paper Arts Sketch 127.




I tried using a different color combo than normal, in this case Perfect Plum and Blushing Bride with Whisper White. The flower is a few layers from Mixed Bunch;  perfect plum cardstock on the bottom with layers of stamped images on vellum above.  I used some of the retired In color dsp paper pack, and finished it off with a sentiment from Curly Cute.  I crimped the end of the sentiment just for some additional texture.

Enjoy your day!

stamps:  Mixed Bunch, Curly Cute
ink:  Perfect Plum
cardstock:  Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Vellum, retired incolor dsp
accessories:  Labels framelit die, Blossom punch, pearl

~ Lauri


3 comments:

  1. I love the stamping on the vellum! And I love these colors together - looks great to me! But your post title made me laugh - I can soooo relate....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauri - This is so lovely! I love the color combo. The details such as crimping one end of the sentiment and the vellum all combine to make a wonderful card. Hope the work week goes well and that you get your mojo back. I've been staring at the PPA sketch trying to get something going for the past hour or two and keep finding things to do in my craft room instead such as updating my inventory of stamps and dies, folders, etc... I should head back in there soon since I seem to have misplaced my Two Tags die since it is not in its proper box. Grr...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I love your title...geez, haven't we all experienced that now & then! I love your take on the sketch, which I found a bit intimidating, as well as the color combo--nice! And that sentiment set is one of my favs (don't use it enough) and the crimping adds just a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails