What better way to take your mind off stuff but to sit and play around with new stamps. That is what I did for awhile today! When I saw the stamp ExLibris in the catalog I was intrigued, not sure how I would use it but decided it would make a cool card background. The idea in my head was to clear emboss the image, and sponge over it with different colors. The Color Throwdown challenge seems perfect!
So how did I do this, you may ask?? or not...I will tell you anyway! ha!
- The card background is the stamp Ex Libris, stamped and clear embossed.
- I sponges over the image with Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, Peach Parfait and So Saffron (closest matches to the challenge)
- I used Pink Pirouette as the card base; this is a very large image! It just about fits an A2 card front (4 1/4 by 5 1/2).
- On top of the area which would have your book owner info, I used one of the dies from the Apothecary Accents set to cut out a piece of pink pirouette; then I embossed it with the Vintage Wallpaper folder.
- On top of that, I layered images from the Stippled Blossom set. The leaves are stamped first in pool party, then the overlay stamp in pear pizazz. For the flower, I stamped the solid image in So Saffron, then the overlay stamp in Peach Parfait.
- The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the new set, From My Heart, and cut out with one of the dies from Itty Bitty Banners.
Lots of possibilities with this stamp! Thanks for looking!
stamps: Stippled Blossoms, Ex Libris, From My Heart
inks: So Saffron, Peach Parfait, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party, Pear Pizazz, versamark
cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
tools: clear embossing powder, Apothecary Accents die, Itty Bitty Banners die, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder