Hi there! I found this very interesting technique on Jennifer Maguire's blog called Die Cut masking and played with it a little yesterday. I did play around with the masking part but didn't really like the results, so I tried instead with the large Positively Chevron background stamp.
Too many patterns? Maybe...but I like the colors!
- For the background, I first stamped the Positively Chevron background stamp using Whisper White Craft Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock.
- Then, after cleaning the stamp well, I inked it up with Pacific Point and stamped on the cardstock over the whisper white in the other direction.
- I trimmed the finished panel to 4" by 3 1/4".
- Using three patterns from the Brights Paper Stack, I added some flags. The widest is about 3/4" wide.
- The sentiment is from the Hostess set, Banner Greetings, stamped in Pacific Point on Crumb Cake.
- Linen Thread is tied in the button.
Off to scour my stamps for other images what would work with this technique!
On a side note, please tell me if the font I am using is too large...or too small...maybe it is my screen display, but it seems too small to me so I am trying a larger one today.
or maybe I am just....getting.....old....
Have a good day and thanks for stopping by!
stamps: Positively Chevron, Banner Greetings (hostess)
inks: Whisper White, Pacific point
cardstock: Crumb Cake, Brights Paper Stack
other: Brights button, linen thread