Tuesday, September 3, 2013

More Inlay Technique


A few weeks ago I posted a card I had made with the inlay technique;  shortly after that, Jennifer Mcguire posted an awesome video and made it a whole lot easier to do!  So I decided to try it again, using strips of DSP and  two different die sets.  I love the effect and love that I got two cards from one set of steps!  Here is card one...


I encourage you to watch her video!  Here are a few things I did differently from her steps:

  • While she used strips of cardstock, I chose to use strips of This and That Epic Day DSP.  I also used one of the more solid patterns from that DSP; you can barely make out the inspiring words.
  • I also used (and it works great although really sticky!) the MultiPurpose Adhesive Sheets (product number 120805). She recommended a glue stick, but these are great!
Here is the other card I made with the leftovers from card one.



This is a very fun way to use up DSP and use dies a bit differently!   I am off to a morning at Motor Vehicles to clear up some paperwork stuff...I have spent hours and hours this weekend reading online, compiling documents, filling out forms and praying I have everything so I can get done in one trip.  Wish me luck!

~ Lauri




stamps:  Loving Thoughts
cardstock:  Epic Day This and That, Naturals Ivory
ink:  Crumb Cake
other:  Circle Framelits Die, Backyard Basics Framelits Die, Modern Label punch, Sycamore Street buttons (retired), Linen Thread, Multipurpose adhesive sheets

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Lauri! I have yet to try the inlay technique but I did bookmark the video to try soon (maybe this weekend). Hope all went well at the DMV earlier this week. We still have to get our calendars lined up so hopefully we can do that soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool technique and Gorgeous Card!! I'm going to have to try it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails