Happy September 1! Time for our next Technique Twist Challenge, Stamping with Bleach!
This is such a fun technique and you can get such great effects depending on the color cardstock you use.
- Create your own stamp pad with bleach, but putting several sheets of paper towels in a plastic container. I folded several sheets of towels and used a plastic storage container (the square ones work great and are really cheap!) Then, pour bleach into the container so you had a wet, but not soggy, paper towel.
- Open the windows! Make sure have ventilation!!
- Choose a color (or two or three) of cardstock, darker colors work best! Use the bleach papertowel as your stamp pad and stamp away.
- You can stamp in versamark first if you are concerned about your stamps. I did not do that, and immediately rinsed my stamps in cold water.
- After you stamp, as it dries, you will see colors emerge.
- For my twisted up version, I stamped the dictionary stamp first in early espresso on crumb cake, before I stamped in bleach.
Check out all the other design team samples...they are faboo as always!!
stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Dictionary, Teeny Tiny Wishes
ink: Early Espresso
cardstock: Crumb Cake, So Saffron
other: word punch, bleach, pearls