Friday, April 16, 2010

Simple but elegant


Sometimes we get so wrapped up in layers and techniques that we forget the impact the tried and true techniques can have!  I always go back to Fifth Avenue Floral as a great go-to set for a basic card.  This is a great card that can be done in all sorts of colors!  I love the impact of the white embossing.  A very quick card to make!

and a bit of news....as many of you may have heard or read, Stampin Up is renovating their colors starting with the July catalog!  Many colors are retiring, and there are new colors coming!  I have PDF's available on the right side of the blog if you want to see the changes!  While it may seem overwhelming at first, if you look at the new color collections, you will see that Stampin Up has really updated their collection!  Retiring colors will be available while supplies last through the month of June, so if you see a color going away that you just cannot live without.....shop!! If you do not have a demo.....feel free to email me or shop on my stampin up site (link above).  Thanks!

stamps:  Stampin Up Fifth Avenue Floral, Whimsical Words
ink:  Basic Gray, Veramark, White Embossing Powder
accessories: Basic Gray Satin RIbbon
cardstock:  Whisper White, Passion Pink, Basic Gray

4 comments:

  1. lauri! this card is absolutely gorgeous! i have heard the SU news and i'm both happy & sad. but some of the new colors are fabulous!

    hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. It is totally amazing! It almost reminds me of the Thoroughly Modern DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauri, you're so right about the tried and true basics... I just wish I could get the impact of simplicity that I love to look at, like this beauty! It is stunning!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is gorgeous! and I am grabbing your button for my blog! :)
    enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails