Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Father's Day midweek Throwdown with OWH!




I am very honored that Jan asked me to make a few samples for Father's Day for the Operation Write Home Father's Day Mid Week Throwdown!

The first card was made using the current SU set Totally Tool.  I embossed the image in silver on whisper white, then layered it in chocolate chip and some retired bashful blue DSP.   I also embossed the background with  the lovely lattice folder.


The second card uses a current a la carte stamp called On the Green.  I embossed it in clear on glossy white cardstock, then sponged Garden Green and Crumb Cake on top!  The sentiment is from the All Holidays set;  I know I have the set but couldn't find it so I printed the sentiment using My Digital Studio!  The round circle is embossed using the dots folder so it kinda-sorta looks like a golf ball.  Again I used the lattice folder for the background.  Cardstock and layers are garden green and crumb cake!  This card is going to my dad this father's day!

If Operation Write Home is new to you, definitely check it out!  Last year with my co-workers we donated over 1100 cards!  and I need to go through my stash and send along another bunch! They are collecting fathers day cards now!

~ Lauri

4 comments:

  1. Lauri, those are both wonderful. I love that you added the textured background. It really adds punch without being frilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauri, All three of these cards are great. I love the colors and the embossed papers, and your choice of stamps on all of them.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie,

    I love your golf card! very simple yet creative use of both the golf stamp and the FD stamp.

    By the way, could you email me and let me know how you had your watermark created? Thanks, Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great male cards! The verse on the first one is priceless! Very pretty without the feminine touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails