Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fair season starts!

I only do a handful of fairs each year, and yesterday was the first!  I had a small table at my nephew's elementary school fall festival.  Not a big shopping venue for parents chasing their kids, but a lot of fun to see all the costumes!


Here is a look at my table before the wind blew it away!  lol  



The bowls of candy corn are actually decorations;  I had three rosettes on sticks to spell out BOO to stand up in them...but they kept blowing over!  The little bags in the front right were made with the Fancy Favor die to look like witches broom, and filled with candy!  I also had some small wood blocks I covered with DSP and mod podge and embellished with Spooky Bingo Bits from MDS.

A few other items...


I used the 5x8 cello bags from the Holiday Mini for sets of pencils!  They are perfect size! I topped them with the Halloween image from Gift Givers and a little ribbon tag.


My favorite item, a medallion wreath using the  Frightful Sight DSP and build a brad.  I also added a few embellished centers using Spooky Bingo Bits and MDS!  The bingo bits sets are great to use in MDS, because you can so quickly resize and recolor them.  I used them quite a bit on this and the little candy boxes I made!


Lastly...a nice blurry photo!  Sorry, but I wanted to show you one other thing I had for sale.  I used Decor Elements on a glass block and put battery operated lights inside.  I took the picture at 4AM on my deck to see what it look like!  Sorry it is blurry!

So all in all, a windy day that came to an early end with rain, but thanks to my generous sister....and a few folks who stopped by my table, I made out okay!

Now off to finish up wands and banners for A Hogwarts Halloween at the Blackstone Library.  I will have to share those pics when everything is done! 

~ Lauri





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails