Sunday, October 2, 2011

Paper Players Theme Challenge 66


This weeks Paper Players challenge is to create a project inspired by a favorite song.  One my favorite holiday songs is Celebrate Me Home, by Kenny Loggins.  We happen to be making this card at my October  card class too!  So I present my version of the popular front door card seen and created by many in blogland!



Many versions of this card use Very Vanilla and sponge the edges, but I like the clean look of an all white card.  I did make the card in other versions to show my class, so they can see the variety of looks...this is my favorite though!

For those wondering, the panels of the front door at 1 1/2" square for the top two, then 1 1/2" by 2 1/2" for the bottom two.  I used dimensionals for all the panels.

Thanks for stopping by!

stamps:  Welcome Christmas, Tiny Tags
cardstock:  Whisper White
inks:  Garden Green, Real Red
accessories:  red rhinestones, silver sprinkle, jump ring, Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon

12 comments:

  1. A-door-able, Lauri! Clean and cute! Thanks for including the dimensions! I am so glad you were able to join The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauri, this is very lovely! You're right, I like the clean white on white, too. I wish my front door looked this clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauri, this is the prettiest of the door cards that I've seen! I love it! I think the clean look is much nicer than the sponged ones. Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week. I'm off to check out your inspiration song. I don't think I've heard that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, now I have that lovely song in my mind (I happen to LOVE that song, too!)! What a cool way to incorporate music into your card. The whole concept is wonderful!! It's clean & simple and yet very striking with it's traditional colors! Thanks for playing the Paper Players music challenge with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so adorable. I love the clean white look. So, so pretty. The wreath, bow, tag and door knob are all perfect! Thanks so much for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lauri, this is fabulous! Love the white "space" and the little touches of silver--what a great tie-in with the music theme too! So glad you played along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the clean lines and that gorgeous wreath. What a great card for your inspirational song. Thanks for joining us again this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauri, This is such a clean, crisp beautiful card. I love your little red berries and tag at the top. I haven't hear Celebrate Me Home - My kids listened to Pooh Corner- but I am off to Itunes to hear it. Great job on the challenge. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many others may have created this door, but none as wonderfully as you did. I love the all white. It gives the feel of snow, and the simple wreath with the tiny little "merry" tag is adorable. We also share the love of the same song. It is also one of my favorites. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lauri,
    Look at you go! This is an awesome idea and I love the wreath being a pop of colour. SO gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card. It is such a clever look and a simple card to make..........the kind I like to do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that tone on tone effect and that little wreath is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails