Monday, June 25, 2012

Dynamic Duos #8




These colors work really well for the Shadow Technique.  This is one of the cards I will be teaching this Wednesday night at Simply Natural Stuff, in my Beginner Stamping Technique class.


  • The card background is Netting, stamped in River Rock on River Rock cardstock.
  • I wrapped twine around that layer three time and knotted.
  • The focal image from Just Believe was stamped once in River Rock on Whisper White, then stamped just offset a bit in Always Artichoken
  • I added the sentiment from Petite Pairs, and sponges the edges just a bit in Always Artichoke.
I think this is a great card for beginning stampers;  what do you think?  If you were just beginning, what other techniques would you like to learn?

Thanks for looking!
Lauri

stamps:  Just Believe, Petite Pairs, Netting
inks:  River Rock, Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Whisper White, River Rock, Always Artichoke
accessories: twine, oval punch, dimensionals



7 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Lauri! I think this will be perfect for your class. I taught stamping and they would have enjoyed this. All of my classes loved to learn how to heat emboss! Oh the scorched paper LOL Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background stamp is perfect for the color duo, love the twine addition. I am with Lisa....heat embossing always wows the newbies! I swear heat embossing is what got me hooked on stamping in the first place! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauri, this is beautiful. The netting adds just enough texture to the background and highlights the shadow / 3d stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet design Lauri! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Lauri! Thus is such a gorgeous card which perfectly shows off the shadow technique. The bckground stamp and the twine trim really ties everything together perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally forgot about the shadow technique! And you're right these colors are perfect for it. I love the earthy tones of your card and I am now adding the Netting stamp to my next order!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Hope your class went well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails