Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bright Embossed Resist Swallowtail



Here is another card from my Sunday afternoon crafting binge.  Another embossed resist Swallowtail image, this time the color was applied using gelatos.



  • The image, Swallowtail, was clear embossed on Whisper White.  I rubbed various colors of gelatos (yellow, pink and orange) over the image for color, then rubbed off with a paper towel.
  • The sentiment, from Feel Goods, was stamped in Stazon Black on vellum.
  • Since I never know how to hide the adhesive when attaching vellum, I did this wonky ribbon thing.  What do you think?  too weird???
Love the bright colors!

stamps:  Swallowtail, Feel Goods
ink:  stazon black, versamark
cardstock:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White, Vellum
other:  Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon Daffodil Delight,Clear Embossing powder, gelatos (Faber Castell)

2 comments:

  1. Oh look out she's going technique crazy....love the bright colors and contrast of black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Lauri! The black adds such a fantastic contrast and the butterfly looks beautiful with the emboss resist technique.

    I am like you, I struggle with finding that perfect way to adhere vellum. However, I think you did a great job with it here using the ribbon to hide it. Another technique I use is to secure vellum is to place a little bling on top or even those new candy dots from SU on top of the vellum where I adhered it. Of course, that means being strategic and planning ahead which I don't always do. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails