Thursday, August 15, 2013

Technique Twist Challenge 5: Emerging Color


It's our fifth challenge over at Technique Twist! Today our challenge is Emerging Color. Think about it as embossing in layers!  Very fun!  I have two samples for you today.


My first sample was a lot of fun to make!
  • Keep in mind you are working in layers.  Whatever you stamp first will show through the clear embossing of whatever you stamp/emboss over it
  • First, I stamped a piece of Whisper White with the script image from Bordering Basics. I used Calypso Coral ink.
  • Second, I stamped Positively Chevron in versamark and clear embossed.
  • Then, using sponges, I rubbed colors all over the the clear embossed image.  Where-ever the  clear embossing is, the stamped image from Background Builders shows through.  Other, non-embossed parts of the image covered the print.
  • I used a few different colors for the sponges:  Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point.  Where the colors overlap I got some cool colors!
  • Using a paper towel just rub over the image to remove any ink from the clear embossed layer.
  • I used Calypso Coral for the first stamped layer knowing that the colors I used for sponging would be darker...and would easily cover the first stamped layer.



stamps:  Positively Chevron,Background Builders Banner Greetings
cardstock:  Whisper White, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango
inks:  Versamark, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral
other:  Clear Embossing Powder, Brights Dots, sponges



My second sample is very similar to the first, just a different combination of stamps and colors and you can still see the bottom layer through the sponged ink.


  • The first stamped layer is the dictional stamp in Pacific Point on Whisper White.
  • The flower is from Betsy's Blossoms.  I clear embossing the flower on top of the dictionary image.
  • Using sponges, I rubbed all over the flower image.  I started with Daffodil Delight in the center of the flower, then a little Pear Pizazz and finally Pacific Point.  Blending the colors together gives it a gradual yellow to green to blue look.
  • Use paper towel to remove any ink from the clear embossed layer.
stamps:  Betsy's Blossoms, Dictionary
inks:  Versamark, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz
cardstock:  Whisper White, Pacific Point
other: Clear Embossing Powder

Be sure to stop by the challenge blog, along with all the Design Team Members for lots of very very cool samples!  and give it a try!  


Pam

~ Lauri

1 comment:

  1. Lauri I loved both your cards. Your talent inspires me. :) blessings!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails