Friday, August 16, 2013

The Paper Players Color Challenge 158


Color challenges are always fun!  The latest from The Paper Players is a bit challenging for sure!




I also sort of followed the Mojo Monday sketch.  I spent a little time and thought about how I approach a challenge, and thought it may be helpful to share!
  • For color challenges, I usually pick one of the colors as the dominant color, then a second and the third color I use as more of an accent. That helps a lot when colors are so close as they are here (Cantaloupe Crisp and Strawberry Slush).
  • Using colors that are so close together, as I did on the flag strip, add a type of monochromatic look.  Not so much that it takes away from the main image.  I could have even stamped off the strawberry to make it less obvious.
  • Since I chose the Cantaloupe Crisp DSP from Birthday Basics as the background, I decided to use the Strawberry Slush and Pear Pizazz as main colors.  
  • To really focus on the main image, I matted it with Pear Pizazz.
  • Look at stamps differently!  For the main image, I stamped it multiple times and cut out different pieces to layer together.
  • Creating without dimensionals and pearls would be sad...  ; )  ...I used a lot here!
How do you approach a color challenge? I would love to hear!



 Thats all for this morning!  Hope you have a great day !  I know I am looking forward to a wonderful weekend of beautiful weather!

~ Lauri

stamps:  Friendship Preserves, Background Builders
inks:  Pear Pizazz, Strawberry Slush, Cantaloupe Crisp
cardstock:  Whisper White, Cantaloupe Crisp, {Pear Pizzazz, Birthday Basics DSP
other:  Pearls, Window Frames Collection Framelits,  Fancy Fan embossing folder
challenges:  PP158, Mojo306

1 comment:

  1. So, so pretty, Lauri! Love all the layers, patterns and texture, and you balanced out the three colors so well. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails