It's time for another twisted technique! This time our challenge is Faux Patina! So get your inks and embossing folders and embossing powder ready!
There are lots of great tutorials out there and I will link you up with the ones I followed! Here are a few tips as well!
- Our own Leena has some great tutorials and samples here:
- As does Angie at Too Cool Stamping! She is even doing an entire week of Faux Patina (this week!)
- The trick? Layering the steps and colors!
- Start by choosing your cardstock. I tried the effect on a few different lighter cardstocks before deciding my twist would be to use Designer Series Paper, in this case Epic Day This and That
- Next, choose your folder. I also tried a few different folders and ended up liking this one the most!
- Ink up your folder with a light, contrasting color. I used Basic Gray.
- Next comes the sponging of a few different colors, going from lightest to darkest.
- I went with So Saffron, Calypso Coral and Gumball Green
- Sponge randomly, try not to get equal coverage of all colors as this effect is really best when it is random!
- Last step? Versamark and embossing powder. I chose Gold powder and lightly rubbed my Versamark pad over the sponged DSP.
- Be sure it is dry first!
- You really do not want a lot of embossing powder, just powder on the high embossed points. I found that I always ended up with too much powder, so I used a brush to remove a lot before I heat set the paper.
I have two other samples I will post in the next week. Be sure to check out the design team amembers along with the tutorials I linked to above! Can't wait to see what you create!