Friday, November 4, 2011

I think I need to get my eyes checked

Off center sentiments, crooked sentiments, blah blah blah...maybe I need to get my eyes checked?  Any why don't I ever see these things until I look at the picture??  Anyhoo, I made a quick card before work this morning. Inspired by this weeks Paper Players Fall theme, I will be teaching this card on Tuesday at my November technique class.



I used the faux tile technique, by scoring the lines first, then stamping lightly over the grid.  Not the best representation of the technique, but you get the idea, I hope.  I am going with more simple cards for my November class, so I hope they like this one.  I know they will be surprised there are only two layers (instead of the usual 12! LOL).

Hope all is well where-ever you are!

stamps:  French Foliage, Teeny Tiny Wishes
cardstock:  Naturals White, Rich Razzleberry
inks:  Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry

~ Lauri

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lauri! The faux tile technique works beautifully with this set! Gorgeous colors, too! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the faux tile technique. Really lovely job with it. Great colors, clean card. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool technique Lauri...love it and the fun colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The French Foliage set looks great with the faux tile technique! I love the colors you've chosen Lauri and the sentiment on the side is a fun twist! So glad you played along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color combo with French Foliage. The 12 layers comment really made me laugh but your nice clean card looks fantastic. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking a few minutes to leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails