A bright and happy color combination from The Paper Players this week! Just the right thing to chase away the dreary rainy days here. I knew I wanted to try the Spotlight technique with this new stamp, Pleasant Poppies.
- This stamp is really big! I kept the overall card pretty simple, just stamping the upper half of the image on whisper white, 4" by 5 1/4" in basic gray.
- Because I like a heftier weight card, I mounted the layer on a piece of white cardboard (I used the cardboard that comes with the packages of DSP).
- I inked and stamped the right hard part of the image on another piece of whisper white, and colored in the challenge colors of Lucky Limeade and Melon Mambo using a blender pen.
- I also used a glitter pen in the middle of the flowers for a little sparkle.
- The image is a 2 1/4" circle, that I mounted on dimensionals.
- The sentiment was so easy using the Itty Bitty Banners set and matching framelits.
Inside I simply stamped part of the image in basic gray in the corner.
Fun..just wished my coloring was better! I may just try the same card on watercolor paper and aquapainters...
Thanks for looking!
stamps: Pleasant Poppies, Itty Bitty Banners
inks: Basic Gray, Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo
cardstock: Whisper White
tools: Itty Bitty Banners framelits die