If it is July 1, it is time for our second Technique Twist Challenge! First off, check out our challenge blog for info on the first Challenge winner, and winner of the blog giveaways!
This week we have one that I have never tried before, called Rolled Quartz. You can find a great tutorial by Anne Hayward here, and I will give you a few tips below!
For my first sample, I used the butterfly die to cut out the completed quartz sheet. For the effect I used Tempting Turquoise and Daffodil Delight reinkers, along with Whisper White craft reinker.
My second sample is a combination of Soft Sky and Whisper White Craft reinker, with my twist on the technque, Dazzling Details added in.
How did I do that??
- Start with either a window sheet or transparency sheet. I cut my sheets to the standard size of 4 1/4" by 5 1/2".
- Cover the sheet with Crystal effects, all the way to the edges.
- Place several random drops of your main color (and second color if using that); then add a few random drops of White or Vanilla craft ink.
- Using a metal tool, swirl through the ink and crystal effects, in a wide S pattern.
- Now...let it sit for 45 minutes! The top of the crystal effects will harden and the crystal effects below will still be wet.
- Take the sheet and hold it perpendicular to your work area, let the crystal effects mixture ooze down and drip off.
- When you have the desired effect, lay your sheet down and let it dry overnight.
- Then die cut or us as desired!
- Give yourself time! This technique has a few steps, and the overnight drying time is critical
- Have fun with the colors!
- Instead of craft reinker, try smooch paint!
Be sure to check out all the other Design Team Members for their inspiring creations!